Aspray’s hints and tips can help you prevent excessive damage to your property.
- Check your roof on a regular basis, any leaks can be treated before the winter season hits.
- Your local council may supply sand bags if you live in a high flood risk area.
- Cut back large branches from trees, these may break off during a storm and cause damage to your windows.
- During high volume of rainfall, keep your drain pipes and guttering clear of dirt and debris as a clog can mean extra repairs.
- Keep all pets indoors in case of rising flood levels.
- Both lightning and flood damage can cause damage to all electric appliances, so back-up all computer hard drives and move all valuable appliances to an upper level.
- If you are in a situation where you are asked to evacuate your property, turn off all gas and electric supplies but only if this is safe to do so.
- Keep an emergency flood kit, this should include: blankets, canned food, bottled water, waterproof clothing, your insurance details and a first aid kit.
- If your commercial or residential property is in a high flood risk area, call the UK Floodline: 0845 988 1188 for more information.
In the event of storm or flood damage occurring at your property:
Call Aspray and our professional and experienced claim handlers will book you an appointment as soon as possible with our experienced loss assessors. If unfortunately you have to claim on your insurance for flood damage to your property, a detailed schedule of works and damage report will be prepared for your insurers. The loss assessor will then meet with an appointed loss adjuster to negotiate and agree repairs or reinstatement. Aspray will dry out your property if required and the work and repairs will be carried out by our vetted contractors, builders, plumbers and roofers. Aspray invoices your insurer direct when all repair works have been completed and you are satisfied with the work, leaving you with only the insurance excess to pay.
For more information on the Aspray service or if you are experiencing a storm or flood damage claim, call Aspray 0800 077 6705.