Has your home been devastated by fire?
Aspray could help begin restoring your home to its pre-fire condition at no extra cost to you, providing we can instruct and oversee our vetted contractors to carry out the reinstatement works, leaving you with your policy excess.
Domestic Property Fire Damage – What you need to know:
Unfortunately, fire is not an uncommon event in the home and is it said that one of the leading causes of dwellings fires is misused or faulty equipment or appliances. But there are numerous reasons why fires start and one of the first things the insurance company need to ascertain is the cause to verify whether the policyholder is covered on their insurance.
How Aspray will handle your Residential Fire Damage Claim:
• Arrange a site visit usually within 24 hours of your call.
• Prepare and present a detailed schedule of works for your insurer.
• Liaise directly with your insurance company and loss adjuster, if necessary.
• Oversee a team of vetted tradespeople.
• Aim to restore your property as swiftly as possible
• Negotiate any business interruption settlement for home workers and business owners.
• Help arrange alternative accommodation, where required
• Project manage the claim and stay in close contact with you throughout. Our work is only complete when you are satisfied with the repair.
Whether you own a residential or buy to let property, leaving the claims handling process to Aspray will put your residential fire damage claim in safe hands.
Top 10 Tips for Residential Fire Damage Prevention
Several hundred people are killed in house fires every year; here are a few steps that you could take to potentially reduce the risk of a fire in your home.
1. Check the electrical system within your home – you may want to employee a professional electrician to carry out these checks and ensure that the system with your home is safe.
2. Check your appliances ensuring any cables are intact and undamaged, that plugs are whole and that sockets are not overloaded.
3. Unplug any chargers for equipment such as mobile phone or laptops when they are not in use.
4. Unplug appliances such as straighteners, hair dryers and other similar items when they are not in use.
5. Regularly check your fire alarm to ensure the batteries are working.
6. Keep flammable liquids away from open flames or ignition sources.
7. Keep your fireplace clean and tidy and keep your fire in good repair. If you have a chimney, you should this inspected and cleaned at least once a year.
8. Get your heating system regularly serviced by a professional company.
9. Have a fire action plan and ensure that everyone in your home is aware of the procedure and their nearest escape routes.
10. Never leave naked flames, such as candles, unattended. Always ensure that candles are burnt in a secure and safe holder away from children, pets and any flammable material.
Aspray Domestic Claims Services Include:
- Domestic Property Fire Damage
- Domestic Property Flood Damage
- Domestic Property Water Damage
- Domestic Property Storm Damage
- Domestic Property Impact Damage